Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hair and Makeup Trial

Our good friends and wedding party members (she's an officiant and he's a groomsmen) have been in town since Sunday. Yesterday, the guys went off to do guy stuff, and the girls went off to do wedding stuff. The morning was spent at the bridal shop, but I'll post more about that later. The highlight of the day was the afternoon, when we visited the spa for a hair and make-up trial. Yes, my friend had a trial too, and yes, usually only the bride has a trial, but seriously, who wants to pass up a chance to get beautified?

My hair inspiration was a "loopy bun" of sorts, like this: 
Source
For make-up, I wanted smokey eyes, but wedding appropriate appropriate smokey eyes. 

I am happy to report that my hair and makeup trial was a huge success 


My hair, from behind! Loops! My veil will pin in just above the loops. The veil will be replaced with a hair comb for the reception. 

From the side

And my make-up. I love my eyes. 

I LOVED my hair, it was exactly what I wanted. I also loved my make-up, but I definitely need to find a solution for my lipstick that is more, kissing friendly. 

Once we were finished getting dolled up, we met up with our guys. They were more than a little impressed. They took us out for dinner at a Mediterranean restaurant, and we had an awesome evening of good food, good wine, and good company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment