Saturday, July 9, 2011

Bridesmaids Dresses

As I mentioned before, my friend was in town for the Fourth of July holiday, and Tuesday became a wedding planning day. Before getting beautified at the spa, we spent some time at the bridal shop. The bridesmaids dresses arrived the week before, and my friend wanted to try her dress on. I was more than a little anxious to see the bridesmaids dresses, maybe even a little more anxious than I was to see my dress.

For a quick recap, my sister and I went shopping for bridesmaids dresses back in November over Thanksgiving. We found a dress that matches my wedding gown in that it has beaded accents and a split skirt. The sample was in a pink color.
My sister trying on the bridesmaid's dress sample

Then it was time to order the dresses. We wanted a purple shade to match the Victorian lilac on my wedding gown. The designer of the dress called the color "lavender." The only indication of what the dress would look like in lavender was on the website for the dress designer, and it was not detailed at all.


Like I said, I was a little nervous with how the actual dresses would look. Once we got to the bridal salon, my concerns disappeared.
My friend in her dress
The "lavender" is a perfect match for the Victorian lilac sash on my dress, and the beading looks almost silver. The seamstress said that the color is flattering to any skin tone, and the dress works with any figure. I love it, and so do my girls by the sounds of things. 

I had a chance to try my dress on again, just to stand with it one next to the bridesmaids dress. Everything is really starting to come together. The next time I get to stand next to my friend in our dresses will be the wedding day!

No comments:

Post a Comment