Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dress Shopping- The Bridesmaids

Introducing my sister, Laura. She is my maid of honor, and she happens to be in town from Tampa for Thanksgiving. We took full advantage of her visit, and spent all day Monday doing wedding stuff. Our first stop was at the bridal shop so that she could see me in my dress, and so that we could pick out the bridesmaid's dress. I picked out a couple of dresses when I went shopping with my mom back in August, but I held off on choosing one until my sister would be available to try them on. The first dress she tried on was this pink dress, which matches my dress perfectly. It is also very flattering on her figure. So without further ado, more dress pictures!


This was the second dress she tried on, it did not fit her as well, and it did not have the clean lines that the "pink" dress had.

So we ultimately decided on the pink dress. Here it is hanging next to my dress, the go together really well. Both dresses are A-line cut, with organza over satin. Both dresses also have the split-skirt detail, and the bridesmaids dress has just the right amount of beading to match my dress.

Source
The actual dresses will be made in "thistle" which is almost an identical match to Alfred Angelo's Victorian lilac. This is a better idea of what the actual dresses will look like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment