Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Inspiration Board- Pulling together the Reception

Back in September, when I was first starting to plan the wedding, I put together an inspiration board for the wedding reception. I was still in the early phases of planning, I was still thinking that I was only going to have about 60 people at the wedding. I also had this bright idea that I would make cheesecake in place of a traditional wedding cake. It's amazing how things can change once you have a realistic perspective on things. Since we booked the reception venue, I have been really looking into and planning the reception decor, and it's finally starting to come together. So, without further ado, here is our Nautical/Classic Elegance inspired wedding reception.

My Reception

Seriously, I'm in love. The cake is our leading contender for wedding cake inspiration, only we want to use chocolate starfish in place of real ones. The "Mr and Mrs." shells were made by yours truly back when I made the table numbers. The frosted glass votive candles are going to be our favors, I found a great deal online for them (more on that later). We are going to have two centerpieces; half of the tables will have wooden sailboats, the other half will have fishbowls filled with green seaglass and a pillar candle. Oh, and my favorite part, bubbles during the first dance. How fun is that? And I already got the okay from the reception venue.

1 comment:

  1. I really love this nautical theme and the centerpieces are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete