Thursday, October 21, 2010

Reception Venue? Check!!!

We have a reception venue!!! Oh my goodness, a major stress is off of my shoulders! A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that we had two places in mind, but it was just a matter of coming up with a deposit. The problem is that one venue had a significantly cheaper deposit, but was more expensive in the long run. Today, I called the second venue, which had a significantly larger deposit, but is ultimately cheaper in the long run. I explained our situation, and the event coordinator agreed to work with us on the deposit, and booked us for 9.10.11! I was so excited that I started to cry. Happy tears of course. With much excitement I can announce that our reception venue is the Ramada Conference Center!

Our reception will be taking place in the Grand Ballroom, which seats up to 300 people, so I have no fears of my guest list exploding again. At the same time, our guest list is just about done, and it looks like it is capping out at 150 people. For those of you keeping track, that is three times the original number. Anyways, back to gushing about the reception venue. We have a huge dance floor, a "stage" for the head table area, chandeliers above each table, a cash bar, awesome catering options, gorgeous lobby and courtyard. I'm just a little excited.

Now that we have a reception, the whole wedding seems that much more real. Everything is falling into place, and I feel like I can actually start planning the party part. Life is good. If I could only find a job, it would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment