Thursday, October 7, 2010

Invitation Inspiration

Working on some wedding odds and ends today. I ordered a bunch of samples from Paper and More this morning, so in a week or so I get to start playing around with invitation mock-ups. I have two major inspirations for my invitations...

The image on the top is from Rexcraft. I love the idea of using one of our engagement pictures as part of the invitation with the wording written out on a vellum overlay. Below is a generic pocket fold that I found on google images. I love the idea of pocket folds, I like how everything looks so organized with all the inserts so cleanly placed in the pockets, I also love the belly band that goes around the finished product. My plan is to combine the two, to use the design on top as my base for my pocket fold invitation. The dilemma that I am running into is colors, which is why I ordered a bunch of samples.  

My options are: 
  1. A cream linen pocketfold, with a purple base (under cream vellum). With cream linen insert cards and cream linen envelopes. The belly band would likely be a green ribbon with a purple square of cardstock behind a cream square that is stamped with either an "L" or a starfish.
  2. A dark purple pocketfold, with a light green base (under cream vellum). With cream insert cards (not linen), and sand envelopes. The belly band would likely be green ribbon with a green square of cardstock behind a cream square that is stamped with either an "L" or a starfish.
With either color scheme, I'm using a black and white picture.

The dilemmas that I am running into are 1.) I'm concerned about the shade of purple. One of the major jobs of a wedding invitation is to present the wedding colors. I was only able to order a dark shade of purple, and our wedding color is more of a silvery purple. 2.) If I do a cream pocketfold with cream insert cards it will be too much cream, but if I do the inserts on a different color they may not be easy to read. 

So, we shall see how things go. Has anyone else run into dilemmas when designing their invitations?


No comments:

Post a Comment