Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Small Change for the Better

Anyone that has been following my blog may have noticed a slight change in my appearance. Just in case you missed it, here is a picture from when I went dress shopping back in September, followed by my hair and make up trial two weeks ago.

Dress shopping, this is NOT the dress I purchased


Hair and makeup trial
Any guesses? 

I decided to go back to wearing contact lenses. I have switched back and forth between glasses and contacts since I was a junior in high school. For the last couple of years, I have embraced the fact that I have less than perfect vision and worn cat eye frames. Tom likes to make comments about how my glasses hide my eyes, and that my eyes are apparently beautiful. So when the time came around for me to visit the eye doctor for a new prescription, I decided to go back to contacts. I have to admit, I love wearing contacts. It's so nice to be able to wear sunglasses off the rack, and I love the fact that I can wear my contacts in places that glasses do not work, like in the shower. I've been asked if I got contacts for the wedding. I think sub-consciously, the answer is probably yes, however, I like to tell myself that I was also getting sick of wearing glasses and it was just the right time to make the switch. 

Switching to contacts is the only major change to my appearance that I am making before the wedding. Tom and I are both spending time outside working on our tan so that we have a natural glow. Believe me, it is just rough when we spend our days off laying on the beach in the name of bridal beauty. We also have dentist appointments on Tuesday for a cleaning to give our pearly whites a bit more of a sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment