Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Finishing up the Ceremony Music

Back in December, I wrote about our music selections for the processional. Since then, ceremony music was sort of put on a back burner. I'm not saying we did not care, it was more that an issue of we stopped thinking about it. In fact, if it wasn't for the programs, the ceremony music would probably still be on the back burner. So, for future brides out there, a piece of advice. If you do programs for no other reason, make up a mock program to see everything for your ceremony in one place. This way, if there are any holes, they will stick out like a sore thumb. For me and Tom, that hole was a complete lack of a recessional piece.

Fortunately, this was an easy fix. I have played flute since I was in fourth grade, and one of my favorite pieces to place is "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring." It is also one of my mother's favorite songs to play on the keyboard, and I have also seen my step-father harmonize it on his guitar. Tom is also a fan, and it happened to be a piece in our guitarist's repetoire. So, done and done.

Our recessional:


Our finalized ceremony music:
Prelude:
1/2 hour, music of guitarist's choice (he's awesome, and plays a mix of Latin music, classical, and Beatles music)
Ceremony:
Mother's Procession and Lighting of the Unity Candle- "Ave Maria" by Schubert
Bridesmaid's Procession- "Prelude to Cello Suite No. 1" by Bach
Bride's Procession- "Storybook Love" by Knopfler
Recessional- "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" by Bach
Postlude:
10 minutes, music of guitarist's choice

No comments:

Post a Comment