Sunday, July 31, 2011

The MOB (Mother-of-the-Bride)

I don't think it would be a stretch to refer to myself as crafty. I love to create, and the wedding has been my place to showcase that. My craftiness had to come from somewhere, right? Of course.

I introduce to you, my mom.


In this picture, she is showing off the dress that she will be wearing to the wedding. You might be asking, how does being crafty have anything to do with the dress she is wearing to the wedding?

She made it. 

My mom loves to sew. In all honesty, if it is crafty, she can do it, but specifically, for the wedding, my mom wanted a sewing project. So she made her gown. The color is a little off in the picture, the gown is celadon satin crepe, with an organza overcoat. I should also add this is the first gown she ever made. You would never be able to tell by looking at it.

1 comment: