I'm not going to go through the steps involved in weaving a basket, since it came from a kit and all, but I took pictures of the whole process.
Now I have a finished basket. But it needs to be a little more fancy to be a flower girls basket...
You will need:
- Basket with handle
- 1 yd of wide ribbon (I made my ribbon with left over fabric from my ring bearer pillow)
- 1 yd of narrow ribbon
- seashell or other motif
- hot glue gun
- pearls or beads for embellishment
What you do:
- With the wide ribbon, tie a bow around one of the handles.
- Wrap the narrow ribbon around the handle just under the wide ribbon bow and tie a simple knot.
- Put a drop of hot glue on the center of the large bow and over the knot in the narrow ribbon. Place your shell or other motif in the glue.
- Wrap the narrow ribbon around your shell and tie a square knot over it.
- Put a drop of hot glue over the knot and add your embellishment, I used three pearls.
Depending on your basket, you might want to add a piece of fabric or a small pillow inside to prevent flower petals from falling through. I am going to be using silk rose petals which are fairly uniform in size, so I'm just leaving my basket as is. This is a really simple project, but it's nice to have a matching flower girl basket and ring bearer set that fits with my purple/green nautical theme.