Thursday, September 9, 2010

DIY Earrings

A couple of weeks ago I posted about making my own bridal jewelry. At the time I made a necklace and a bracelet and I made note that I would be making earrings as soon as I figured out how to make them. Well, I visited various websites, and I got some ideas, but in the end, I opted to make my own design. My inspiration was chandelier style earrings, and I think I pulled it off. I was also able to use left over supplies from my necklace and bracelet, I only needed to buy ear wires.



You will need:
Mono-filament thread
Glass pearls
Glass seed beads
Austrian crystals (eight total)
Ear wires
Scissors

What you do:
1. Cut about three inches of mono-filament thread, knot one end.
2. String on an Austrian crystal, a seed bead, a pearl, a seed bead, a pearl, a seed bead, a pearl, and another seed bead.
3. Thread through the loop on the ear wire and tie a knot.
4. Cut a four inch segment of mono-filament thread, knot one end.
5. String on an Austrian crystal, a seed bead, a pearl, a seed bead, a pearl, a seed bead, an Austrian crystal, a seed bead, a pearl, a seed bead, a pearl, and a seed bead.
6. Thread through the loop on the ear wire and tie a knot.
7. Repeat steps 1-3
8. Repeat the whole process again on the second ear wire.

And now I have a complete set of bridal jewelry!

No comments:

Post a Comment