Monday, March 28, 2011

DIY "The Little White Dress"

A couple of weeks ago, I teased everyone with some pictures of a DIY project that I was working on. Well, I've finished that project. As you can probably gather from my post title, I made my "little white dress."

The "little white dress" is a current trend in the wedding industry, I don't think the dress has any specific definition; I've seen various designers offer them as party dresses for the reception, travel-friendly dresses for destination weddings, and as rehearsal dinner dresses. I thought the idea was cute, and I was looking for a new sewing project, so I decided to make my own. My "little white dress" will have two uses, as my rehearsal dinner dress, and again during our mini-moon as a dinner dress.

Without further ado, here is my "little white dress."

It still needs the bottom hem, which means that I need to figure out how long I want it to be. It currently hits right below my knee, I might hem it to knee length. Hemming is a pain, so it can wait. The picture only does the dress limited justice. It's made of ivory crepe, and it's fully lined. It's an A-line style halter dress, and the purple sash is meant to go around the waist. I love it. 


I also made a bolero jacket to go with it. September can be breezy, so I want to have an option that would cover my shoulders. This is likely how I will wear it for dinner during our mini-moon. 

Either way I wear it, I'll be rocking my purple shoes.   

1 comment:

  1. That little jacket is so cute, I am really loving everything you are creating for your wedding, very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete