Friday, June 10, 2011

3 Months!!!

We are officially in crunch time. Over the course of the last month we passed the 100 day mark, and now we are to the point where we can stop talking about the wedding in terms of months away, and begin talking in terms of weeks. 12 weeks to go.

I am happy to report that I got much more done this month than I did in the month before. I am finally starting to find balance between work and wedding planning. My big DIY project for the month was assembling all of our wedding favors. Next on the list is finishing the bubbles and ribbon wands and pinwheels that have been on my list since last fall. I also have ten invitations to assemble, but I'm hoping to have that done by the weekend. I have to figure out programs too, I think I forgot about those...

We also got a lot accomplished in the non-DIY side of things. Tom and I have purchased our wedding rings, and we ended our quest to find the perfect serving set. My wedding gown arrived, and I had my first fitting. I would post pictures, but Tom's eyes like to occasionally wander over to my blog, so everyone will have to wait with Tom until September. Tom and I also booked our mini-moon over the weekend, but more on that later.

Things are starting to get really busy around here. Tom and I were talking about it this morning, it looks like we are going to be busy nearly every week between now and July 10. Tom flies out to Kansas City on Tuesday to visit with his family and friends. I wish I could go, it will be our first time apart in nearly two years. While he is out there, he is going to have his groomsmen measured for tuxes. My plan is to finish a bunch of wedding projects that have been sitting on the back burner while he is gone. Then, over the weekend of July 4th, one of my best friends (and co-officiants of our wedding) will be in town with her husband. She is going to try on her dress, and pick up my sister's dress at the same time. That afternoon, I have my hair and make-up trial. We are also going to take the opportunity to stamp and stuff all of our invitations so that they can be mailed the following week. That brings us to the week of July 10th, the two month mark, or eight week mark, depending on how you want to look at it.

Things are definitely starting to feel like a wedding is coming up. Let the whirlwind begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment