Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Mini-Moon is Booked!

Anyone that is not familiar with wedding jargon is probably giving my post title the side eye right now. Mini-moon? Long story short, when Tom and I first decided to get married in September, I was trying (and still am) to get back into public schools as a school psychologist. Part of the trade off for getting married in September was that our honeymoon was going to have to be delayed. Pair that with the 8 months of budget constraints caused by unemployment, and a new job that does not allow me to take vacation time, and the delayed honeymoon remains. We do want to be able to get away for a couple of days to relax after the wedding stresses, so we opted to go on a mini-honeymoon, or "mini-moon" for a couple of nights right after the wedding, with the intention of going on a full honeymoon at some point before our first anniversary. In terms of the honeymoon, we want to get off of North America, preferably to Europe. That, however, is an entirely different story, for an entirely different post.

So, where are we going for our mini-moon you ask?

Source
We're goin' to Jackson! Johnny Cash and June Carter reference, anyone? Tom and I have booked a fireplace suite at a quiet country inn and spa in Jackson, New Hampshire. Our suite includes a two person jacuzzi, king sized bed, couples massage, and a bottle of champagne. Just in case that was not enough, we will be nestled within the White Mountains, so the scenery is sure to be wonderful. I'm more than a little excited. The White Mountains have always had a special place in my heart because my family used to go camping there in the summers when I was younger. It is also, coincidentally, where my grandparents honeymooned after their wedding over 50 years ago. I can't for me and Tom to create our own special memories there. 

Are you going on a mini-moon before your actual honeymoon? What sort of getaway do you have planned?

1 comment:

  1. we went right on the honeymoon but I love the idea of a mini-moon still...great idea, that sounds sooo relaxing!

    ReplyDelete