Saturday, August 13, 2011

Following up on RSVP's

Source
I should begin by stating that my graphic is intended to be light-hearted. I understand that schedules can be busy, and that not everyone thinks about me and Tom's wedding on a day-to-day basis. I can accept that. At the same time, I do understand why RSVPs are the top of every bride's list of frustrations. Tom and I could not have made responding to our invitations any easier, we included a self-addressed stamped envelope, printed the names on the RSVP card, and, just in case that proved to be an inconvenience, we have a place to RSVP online with our website. Regardless, our RSVP has come and gone, and we are still in the process of tracking down everyone on our guestlist. 

The number of acceptances has been on the low side, which we were expecting. All of our guests are travelling from out-of-state. While we aren't going to have the large reception we originally planned, we are able to add a bunch of upgrades that we thought were out of reach. For example, our now-smaller wedding cake will be filled with lemon curd, instead of the originally planned almond buttercream. We are also looking at upgrading the bridesmaid's bouquets.

No comments:

Post a Comment