Sunday, September 5, 2010

Inspiration Board- My Nautical Wedding Reception

Reception Ideas


So this is probably my last inspiration board for a while, I made one for the bride (ME!) but I then decided that it would probably be best if I kept that board for myself, since it has a picture of MY dress on it... wouldn't want to be giving away fun surprises now would we? Anyways, back the the current inspiration board. Tom and I both want our reception to start out elegant with a nice cocktail hour with various hors d'oeuvres, a plated sit-down dinner, formal toasts, our first dance, etc. then the reception will digress into a dance party so we can all have some fun. My inspiration board focuses on the formal part of the reception, I want to use a Maine/nautical theme throughout, but I don't want to go overboard with it (no nautical themed clothing or sailor hats here!)  But little nautical touches here and there to bring everything together. The reception area is already decorated with sailboats, so to repeat that as centerpieces just works. Then the whole seashell thing came into being, specifically starfish and sand dollars. There is just a natural beauty to them, and being that the wedding is set on the coast of Maine, they also happen to be an easy thing to get a hold of. The top right corner features a sweetheart table, which is in lieu of a more traditional head table. I like the idea of me and Tom having a table to ourselves, even if it is just for dinner. I think that's about it. Tom and I had our engagement pictures taken yesterday. For those of you that are my friend on facebook, you've already gotten to see them. For everyone else, you'll have to wait until tomorrow's post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment